The literary section or as it is popularly called 'LitSec' is the primary associate in the campus for conducting all literary events. The literary section, which has a total membership of over 50 people, conducts a plethora of events like quizzes, debates and word games. The Literary Section conducts a total of around 20 events throughout the calender year. Unlike other sections the events organised by the Literary Section are open to all the students on the campus.
LitSec is not just a group, it's a state of mind.
The Literary Section organizes a variety of quizzes under different banners:
- Fresher’s Quiz and Debate: The events that set the ball rolling for the academic year. A chance for the first year students to prove their quizzing and debating prowess and lay their claim for a spot in the Literary Section.
- Thomasonian Quiz: The only lone-wolf quiz in the IITR quizzing calendar. The students compete individually for the Swami Dial Sesquicentennial award and the coveted title of ‘Best individual quizzer of the institute”.
- Ashesh Memorial Quiz: It is the annual quiz organized in collaboration with the mathematics colloquium where teams representing their respective academic departments fight it out for the lucrative cash prize and rolling trophy.
- Cognizance, Technical Fest of IITR: Quizzes are organized under the banner of Quizzotica. The event sees enthusiastic participation from not just students but professional quizzers as well. Vox Populi is a parliamentary debate organized by the LitSec and for the last three years, MUNs have been organized or various topics.
- Old Monks Quiz: A series of quizzes spanning 1 week, organized by the passing-out batch of Literary Section. It is a chance for one last week of quizzing before they join the corporate world.
The LitSec also organizes trips to various quizzes and MUNs in and around the area. The foremost being Nihilant, the annual Inter-IIT, Inter-IIM quizzing fest. Participation is open only to students from the IITs and IIMs and is a 3 day quizzing bonanza. Trips are also planned to Tata Crucible, India's largest Business Quiz fest, organized nationally. Trips to MUNs in the area organized by BITS, DU and other institutes like PEC are also organized and each of these events enjoy widespread participation from our members.
|Staff advisor||Dr. Anuj Sharma|
|Secretary||Vignesh V Ramani (IV Mech)|
|Additional Secretary||Sushoban Sen (IV Civil)|