Network Structure and Facilities:
- State-of-the-Art Data/Audio/Video capable campus wide network. with Enterprise Class Core, and Access switches, firewall etc.
- 10G and 1G Ethernet optical fiber (SMF/MMF) based backbone for campus wide connectivity to all departments, centres and hostels in star topology.
- Network Access security at gateway and time based management of internet access at the hostels.
- Wired line CAT 6 Internet / Intranet connectivity in each room of all bachelor hostels (Boys & Girls), research scholar hostels (married hostels) at IITR Roorkee Campus as well as SRE Campus of IITR.
- Wireless Internet/Intranet connectivity in each room of Under Graduate/Graduate hostels through 802.11g Wi-Fi network.
- Cyber café equipped with 20 desktop for internet connectivity in Under Graduate/Graduate hostels.
- Network based corporate edition Antivirus solution for desktops in campus.
- ADSL based broad band internet connectivity at faculty residences.
- RAS (Remote Access Server) dial up internet connectivity at staff residences.
- 2.0 Gbps internet connectivity provided by state-of-the-art multi-gigabit pan-India network National Knowledge Network (NKN) . For more information, please refer www.nkn.in.
- 1.0 Gbps internet lease line link of National Knowledge Network (NKN) to Saharanpur Campus.
- 200 Mbps internet leased line link from TATA Communication, New Delhi,
- 200 Mbps internet leased line link from BSNL Haridwar
- 2 Mbps Lease Line link from ERNET India, New Delhi.
- 34 Mbps dedicated leased line (RailTel) in a close group to Saharanpur Campus.