The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from prospective, highly motivated, outstanding candidates for multiple faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (AP).
- The positions are open in all traditional, modern and emerging research areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and overseas citizens of India (OCI) are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign nationals (i.e., persons not having Indian Passport, PIO/OCI cards) are strongly encourage to apply for faculty positions. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual position for five years.
Interested candidates having outstanding track records are encouraged to apply online. Online application portal is open throughout the year and there is no last date of application.
The faculty members are expected to teach courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Electronics and Communication Engineering, acquire research funding and conduct/supervise research, involve in department and institute activities, and provide services to the Institute.
In addition to salary and all other allowances admissible as per Institute rules, the following special perks are given to newly appointed faculty member:
- An additional fellowship of Rs. 30,000/- per month for a period of 3 years for the new faculty members joining the institute as Assistant Professors.
- Faculty Initiation Grant (FIG) of Rs. 20 Lacs.
- An additional amount of Rs. 2 Lacs for the purchase of Laptop/Printer, etc.
Outstanding young (preferable under 35 years age) candidates, having a strong research publication record with demonstrated independence/leadership in conducting research, shall have the following qualifications and minimum experiences to be considered for the faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor (AP)
Based on the duration of post-doctoral experience of the candidate, the following academic position may be offered:
|Assistant Professor Grade - I (APG-I)||Above 3 years||Regular position|
|Assistant Professor Grade - II (APG-II)||In between 1 - 3 years||Tenure track|
Interested eligible candidates may apply online. Sequential steps and detailed procedure is mentioned on the online application portal.
For any problem in online application, please contact to Assistant Registrar (recruitment) through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SalaryThe following pay structures (as per the 7th central pay commission) may be offered:
Grade - I
||Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs. 1,01,500- 1,67,400)
Grade - II
||Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700- 98,200)
All other allowances are admissible as per Institute rules, as admissible to a Central Government employee. For instance,
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rs. 3 Lacs in a three year block, for attending conferences in India as well as abroad, and for membership of professional bodies, etc.
- Institute residence/HRA (if institute resident is not taken), free high-speed internet, leave travel concession (LTC), Medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, children education allowance, New Pension Scheme (NPS), limited Telephone expenses, financial support towards National/International conferences etc. as per the Institute rules.
The online application recieved by the Assistant Registrar (Recruitment) is shared with Head of Department (HoD) and Dean of Faculty Affairs (DoFA).
The review of applications and selection process involves the following sequential steps:
- Department Faculty Search Committee (DFSC) gives recommendation on suitability of the applicants candidature.
- Head of Department (HoD)
- invites the candidates recommended by DFSC for the personal interaction with faculty members of the department and research presentation open to all students and faculty members of the institute.
- shares the profile of candidates recommended by DFSC with faculty members of the department.
- sought the recommendation letters from referees of candidates.
- All faculty members of the department gives their feedback based on the personal interaction, research presentation and profile of the candidate.
- Department Faculty Advisory Committee (DFAC) reviews and gives recommendations based on the candidates profile, feedback of faculty members, reference letters, etc.
- Institute Faculty Advisory Committee (IFAC) reviews the recommendations of DFAC.
- The candidate positively recommended by IFAC is called for interview with faculty selection committee.
The candidate/referees are communicated through e-mail only.
No correspondence, whatsoever, is entertained from the candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.